- This event has passed.
Collingswood Cash Tailgate Party & Sale
Shoppers flock to Collingswood for the yearly “free money” Collingswood Cash giveaway lining up in all kinds of weather as early as 4:00 AM. Collingswood Partners will give away $45,000 to patrons of Collingswood businesses. Shoppers that purchase $50 in Collingswood Cash –the Borough’s equivalent to a mall gift card– will receive an additional $20 to spend anywhere in town. The bonus cash is first come first served and long lines for the giveaway begin before dawn. We’re bringing the tailgate party back, too! Those camped out at Borough Hall enjoy an early morning party to kick off the holiday season. The party officially starts at 6:30 AM and festivities include music, games, and multiple giveaways per hour including concert tickets, sports-themed prizes, tailgating gear, and Collingswood swag. Breakfast snacks and drinks to keep folks warm and happy are also available. Co-sponsored by the Borough of Collingswood and Camden County Board of Commissioners.
About the Collingswood Cash Sale:
How do you get your hands on free cash? Starting at 9 a.m. on November 18 ONLY Collingswood Borough Hall, 678 Haddon Ave, will sell Collingswood Cash and give away $45,000 of bonus cash. Lines start forming at roughly 4 a.m. It is first come, first served, but there are limits.
What are the rules?
- You will receive $20 Bonus Cash on every $50 Collingswood Cash certificate purchased.
- Shoppers can purchase a maximum of $500 Collingswood Cash netting a free $200 in Bonus Cash.
- One bonus cash sale per customer.
- Customers must be 18 and over.
- Purchase can be made by cash or credit card (a credit fee of four percent is added to the sale). Personal checks are not accepted.
- Bonus cash comes only with Collingswood Cash purchased in $50 denominations. The $50 certificate cannot be broken down into smaller denominations either at the time of purchase or after the purchase.
- The standard certificates last forever but the bonus cash expires on March 31, 2024.
- The $20 Bonus Certificate has no cash value.
- Collingswood Cash cannot be used to purchase gift cards for out-of-town businesses.
- Collingswood Cash is sold year-round at face value.
- The promotion is limited to the season and quantity and is funded by the Business Improvement District tax, a collective fund used to support the business districts.
- Change back from Collingswood Cash is at the discretion of the individual businesses. Business may issue a store credit for larger amounts.
The cash incentive is paired with the Borough’s yearly effort to put together a beautiful shopping streetscape in the downtown. Merchants extend shopping hours and carolers sing on Fridays and Saturdays, storefronts are hung with garland, the town is dressed in more than a quarter-million lights and parking is free in December.