10th Annual Green Festival
|9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
Celebrate spring and all things green by joining your friends and neighbors at Collingswood’s 10th Annual Green Festival, located just off Haddon Avenue on Irvin Avenue near the PATCO High Speed Line.
At the festival guests are invited to explore the following:
– Local sustainable food, organic gardening, water conservation, renewable energy, environmentally-friendly construction, and more.
– Learn about smart green living from local activists and experts.
– Enjoy al fresco dining from local restaurants while enjoying live music.
– Learn about local activity nearby Newton Creek and our area’s old growth forest, Saddler’s Woods.
– Buy shade trees, backyard composters, and rain barrels at low, subsidized prices.
Buy produce and products from local farmers and specialty organic vendors.
– Buy objects d’art made from recycled materials by local artisans.
Green Festival activities include:
– Special presentations and exhibits from experts and environmental advocates.
– Activities for kids: Fun Zone including face painting, sidewalk chalk drawing, games, arts and crafts, and more.
– Bike Share & Bike Rodeo: At the Bike Share tent, learn to tune up your bike from mechanic volunteers and sign up for the Bike Share program (a mere $25 to rent a bike for one year). The nearby Bike Rodeo area offers a series of fun bike-centric activities for kids and their bikes.
Green Festival onsite recycling:
– Paper shredding: Free paper shredding will be available from 10am to 1pm under the Speedline.
– Electronics recycling drop off: Bring any electronic item that can be recycled or refurbished – old TVs, monitors, laptops, radios, FAX machines, keyboards, DVD players, stereo equipment, typewriters, VCRs, scanners, printers. Drop off between 9am and 2pm in designated area.
– Household hazardous water collections courtesy of Camden County: For drop off, drive or walk up to the Collingswood public works garage (adjacent to the Green Festival) at 713 N. Atlantic Avenue between 8:30am and 3pm.
601 Haddon Avenue Collingswood, NJ 08108