Collingswood Pop Up Gala
|7:00 pm - 11:00 pm|
Join the Borough of Collingswood to the fifth annual Pop Up Gala! The Pop Up Gala aims to bring together people from all over the community for a night of cultural enjoyment and to enhance the use of secret, yet ordinary space for just one night only, leaving no trace behind!
Participants register to attend the scheduled date and time but will not know the location until they purchase the tickets. Just before 7pm on the night of the event, guests are led by organizers to a top secret spot and hundreds of diners converge to enjoy a giant, elegant, pop up dinner with music and festivities. Tickets are $50 per pair.
Guests wear all white and bring all of their items – tables, chairs, flatware, food, and drink – and leave with it all at the end of the night. A list of preliminary rules are as follows:
1. You will receive an introductory email from your team leader approximately 3 days before the Pop Up Gala. Then, on Saturday, you will be notified approximately six hours before the event and given a location to meet your Team Leader and a group of your fellow Pop Up attendees between 6:15 and 6:30 in the evening. Your Team Leader will then receive a text promptly at 6:30 to proceed to the event site. You will walk through Collingswood as a group bringing everything you need with you for a fabulous dinner party.
2. You must come with a date, significant other, old friend or new friend. Only pairs of tickets will be sold and you must wear your white wrist band during the event.
3. You must wear all white. Creative elegance is encouraged.
4. You must bring your own small folding table for 2 or your team (roughly between 28″-32” wide), accompnaying chairs, a white tablecloth, non-disposable china and flatware, and a candlelit (faux candlelight encouraged) centerpiece. Please bring your own trash bag and consider adding to your picnic basket bug spray and towelettes/wipes.). Creative elegance is encouraged.
5. You must bring food for 2 and, if you choose, bottles of your favorite champagne or wine and your own non-disposable wine glasses.
6. You must be able to walk with your Pop Up accoutrements six to eight blocks to the event. You will be given instructions to meet up with your Team Leader on the evening of the event at a location to be determined. Please be there on time. Teams will be leaving for the secret location at 6:30. Handicapped accommodations can be made upon request. Please make a note of that when registering.
7. You will enjoy yourself! Dining and celebrating under the stars, making new friends and dancing the night away. You must clean up all traces of your dinner and your space.
8. This is a rain or shine event (although postponement may occur in the case of very inclement weather).
678 Haddon Avenue Collingswood, NJ 08108