2020 Laser Frostbite Series
|11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Frostbite is on For November 8th, 15th, and 22nd
Cooper River is pleased to announce a scaled back 2020 version of our Laser Frostbite (COVID edition). All sailors must abide by the COVID Rules presented bellow and please note the clubhouse continues to be off limits to sailors so arrive prepared to sail!
1. Schedule: Check in opens at 9:30 each day and is required daily (check in on check in sheet) Skippers meeting at 10:30 on the first day or as needed. First race at 11:00 each day. No Starts after 2pm No social activities following races due to COVID-19 restriction
2. Rules: The Series will be governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing, US Sailing prescriptions, and class rules (except as any of these are altered by this NOR and the Sailing Instructions). Non-class-legal sails may be used as long as they meet class measurement specifications. All Sailors agree to abide by the COVID-19 Rules for Cooper River Yacht Club, Registered Guests are permitted for this event (see website).
3. Eligibility: The Series is open to Laser and Laser Radial skippers who register and pay the required fee. Note: Full Rig and Radial Laser skippers may be scored in their respective fleets using a smaller rig if they wish. To be Eligible for the Radial Trophy you must sail a Radial or 4.7 for the entire series. Radials will start with the Full rigs and be scored separately. This may be revised if 4 or more Radials Register.
3.1 Registration and Check In:
Registration will be available on line on the yacht club website prior to the regatta (www.cooperriveryc.org) Registration will be online only and capped at the first 20 boats. Competitors must register their sail number, class, and skipper prior to attending (Community Sailing Members may write CS for sail number please adopt as sail number for the series). Pre Registration is mandatory, boats failing to register or check in may be disqualified.
Daily Check in – For Contact Tracing Purposed (just in case) The Organizing Authority will maintain a check in sheet of all attendees Registered Racers must check in for each race day. IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL STAY HOME.
4. Fees: Entry fees $15 for CRYC Members, $20 for the series for guests (no refunds if series is cut short) no daily registration is offered this year.
5. Number of Races:
Daily: Up to six races are scheduled each day with no warning signals after 2:00. A minimum of one race will constitute a race day.
Series:Three race days are scheduled. A minimum of two race days will constitute a series for overall scoring. A maximum of 18 races are scheduled over three days. Series may be shorted by the Organizing Authority due to weather, public health reasons, or other circumstance.
6. Scoring: For daily scoring the Low Point Scoring System (RRS Appendix A) will apply except that one discard will be allowed only if six races are completed. (This changes RRS A2.1).
For series scoring, daily positions will be totaled as the boats score. The scores will be used in a Low Points Score for the series. One discard will be allowed if all five race days are completed.
7. Awards:For the series, the top five Full rigs; top Radial if less than 4 Enter; top 3 if more than 4 radials enter possible special awards.
8. Sailing Instructions: Entry forms and Sailing Instructions will be available online, SIs will be emailed to all registrants prior to the first day of racing and will be available online at www.cooperriveryc.org The club website will be the official notice board for this event
9. Venue: Races will be sailed in the waters of the Cooper River inside Cooper River Park, Between Cuthbert Blvd. and Route 130
Cooper River Yacht Club is located at 450 South Park Drive in Collingswood, NJ.
10. Boat Storage: Visiting skippers may store their boats in out boat yard for the duration of the series.
Craig Priniski, PRO
610-368-4893 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7050 North Park Drive Pennsauken, NJ 08109