As the Garden State, New Jersey is known for it’s farms and fresh veggies. From Spring until Fall in South Jersey, there’s always events to be attended, produce to be purchased, and fun to be had. Many fond childhood memories are attached to these farms: apple cider doughnuts after a hayride, Easter egg hunts, and delicious meals made with fresh ingredients.
As we roll into Spring and must distance ourselves from those social events, don’t forget to support your local farms as they open up for the season. Below are some local farms that have revamped the way they do things to help their customers safely get produce, flowers and more!
While you’re stocking up on your favorite farm foods, don’t forget the beauty and positivity of flowers! It’s the perfect time to plant as a way to relieve stress and/or get the kids out of the house. A note from the Secretary of Agriculture, Douglas H. Fisher: https://www.nj.gov/agriculture/news/hottopics/topics200327.html
Russo’s Fruit & Vegetable Farm
Russo’s has launched an online ordering system for pick-up. Check out this informative video on the ordering process, then head over to their website to fill out your own order for produce, flowers, and jarred goods. In-store shopping is also now available.
- Pick-Up: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Order online for pickup or delivery from Duffields! Delivering to Washington Twp., Glassboro, Pitman, and Sewell, just fill out their online form before 10am and receive fruits, veggies, and deli options the next day! Check out the latest soup/sandwich menu here and the bakery menu here, all other available goods are listed in the form. Questions? Call (856) 589-7090.
Johnson’s Corner Farm
Johnson’s is open for in-store shopping as well as online ordering/curbside pick up 7 days a week from 8am-7pm. Menu items include produce, honey, snacks and staple items. Check here for full instructions and order forms. Check their Facebook page for any daily updates!
Cecil Creek Farm
The Online Market (Market porch pick up) & The Online Cafe (Barn porch pick up) are up and running. Read the detailed instructions when placing your order. Pick up times are Thursday, Friday from 11am-4pm and Saturday 8am-noon! Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Collingswood Drive-Thru Farm-to-Car Farmer’s Market
- Burlington County Farmers Market: Open Saturday’s from 8:30am-1pm
- Wenonah Farmer’s Market “In the Park” Every Thursday from 4pm-7pm
- Springdale Farm Market: Cherry Hill – Grab produce, flowers and baked goods! The market is providing plastic gloves for customers.
- Haddonfield Farmers Market: Every Saturday from 9 AM to 12 Noon in the Archer & Greiner Parking lot! Pre-order your items here.
- Haddon Heights-Market 2-GO: Order online by Friday, pickup Sunday
- McNaughton’s Garden Center: Cherry Hill – Currently offering curbside pickup and delivery options, and you can now shop the store from your home! Visit their website for all the details!
- Inferrera’s Market: Hammonton – Offering curbside pickup and delivery. 609-561-1061.
- Puglia’s Produce: Sewell – Call (856) 881-0619 for curbside pickup. Mon-Sat 8-6, Sun 8-5
Any farms interested in being added to the list please email email@example.com.