These are very difficult times for many in our communities. It has been amazing to watch everyone work together to help others in need and support the healthcare workers on the front lines of this battle. If you’re looking to help or know someone in need there are several ways to donate, and several businesses offering meals to families that may be struggling.
- Feed the Frontline: Mary’s Mobile Diner, Not Your Mama’s Tacos & Red’s Rolling Restaurant food trucks are asking customers to help Cooper Hospital workers by donating a meal to those working long hours during this crisis. https://6abc.com/community-events/food-trucks-feed-the-front-line-at-cooper-hospital-during-covid-19-pandemic/6076451/
- Chefs for Seniors of South Jersey, a meal service for senior citizens in Delran, is offering free grocery shopping and a reduced rate for meal preparation during the coronavirus pandemic for Burlington County seniors. https://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/news/20200322/burlington-county-meal-service-helping-seniors-during-coronavirus-pandemic
- Collingswood Cares is a 501(c)(3) that aims to help in the following ways: Shopping for food or meal delivery, picking up medications, and financial assistance for basic needs https://www.collscares.org/
- Cherry Hill Free Clinic: Because of our amazing donors, our volunteer medical team is able to keep helping uninsured patients— for free. Keep telemedicine visits going for your struggling uninsured neighbors today by giving $5, so together we can show the world our strength in the face of adversity. Donorbox.org/Telemedicine
- Donate to help the South Jersey Food Bank: https://donate.foodbanksj.org/give/277104/#!/donation/checkout
- NJ Pandemic Relief Fund: https://njprf.org/
- Haddonfield #HereforGood: Help support our local community of small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. Buy a shirt, and 50% of each sale goes to the business of your choice. 100% of the proceeds benefit the small businesses of Haddonfield. https://www.haddonfieldhereforgood.com/
- Haddonfield Parents Fundraiser Supports Small Business, Feeding Medical Frontline and Every Essential Worker in Town: https://www.facebook.com/villarosahaddonfieldnj/photos/pcb.2518675168349961/2518670525017092/?type=3&theater
- Camden County Volunteer Requests: https://www.camdencounty.com/service/covid-19-updates-and-preparations/volunteer/
- Coffee for Careworkers: Nominate a coffee-loving healthcare professional to receive a complimentary bag of Revolution Coffee, delivered directly to their door by their partners at Bloc Delivery! Nominee’s must reside in the local delivery area (Collingswood, Haddon Heights, Haddonfield, Oaklyn, Haddon Twp., Audubon, Barrington, Merchantville, and Cherry Hill). Send your nomination to Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org: Name, position or title, email address (so they can contact them about the delivery), and a few sentences about why they are being nominated. Bloc Delivery will use their cargo bikes to deliver up to 25 bags of coffee every Saturday.
Restaurants & Food Banks
- Food Bank of South Jersey: Check their Instagram for food distribution schedules near you!
- Que Ricas: Absolutely no one should be hungry. If you or someone you know is struggling right now to keep themselves fed during this crisis, please send them our way! Email us at info@que-ricas or call the restaurant at 856-858-8500 and ask for Sahar. We will all get through this together! Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Camden Rising: Help us make sure no senior goes hungry right now! Spread the word that seniors in need of meals (for any reason) can call (856) 374-MEAL to arrange for meal home delivery. And remember that Camden City School District is still providing meals for kids while schools are closed
- Red Hen Covid-19 Support Pantry: FREE pick-up for those in need. Drive-by, lean out, & pick-up on select days! Follow on social for updates