Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse
On the evening of December 31st, 1880, The Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse began operation. The lighthouse is a steel skeletal structure standing 85 feet tall with 112 steps leading from the neoclassical pavilion at the base of the tower to the lantern room.
Today, only the lighthouse remains, although a few of the original bricks, which once were part of neatly laid walkways connecting the station’s buildings, may still be found around the base of the tower. The historic Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse is located at Second Street and Mantua Avenue in Paulsboro, New Jersey.
The Society conducts regular tours the third Sunday of each month April through September and the third weekend of October for the Lighthouse Challenge. Special tours are available with advance notice. The lighthouse is also available for weddings and other special occasions. A small donation is accepted to help support our efforts.
For more information on the lighthouse challenge, videos and photos, please check out the Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse Facebook page.