Vincentown- Tabernacle Telephone Company & Museum
This building was the office of the Vincentown-Tabernacle Telephone Company from 1911 until the company was bought out by New Jersey Bell in 1930. Prior to this, the building served as a millinery shop, a tinsmith’s shop, and a plumber’s shop. The township acquired the property in 1975 and leased it to the Southampton Historical Society, who beautifully restored it and now operates it as a telephone museum. The building retains its original clapboard siding, 2/2 windows, shop window, and doors. Museum exhibits include early telephone equipment and relate the early history of the telephone in rural Southampton. For information and hours, contact the Southampton Historical Society.