Chocolate makes everything better. And this year, we NEED it. To fight off the cold and warm your spirits, forget about the world and grab a delicious hot chocolate from one of our local favorites.
1. Casciano Coffee Bar & Sweetery 212 Bellevue Ave, Hammonton, NJ Casciano Coffee Bar has as many flavors of hot chocolate as eskimos have words for snow. Holiday classics include gingerbread, hazelnut, and frosted mint. But have you ever wondered what lemon hot chocolate tastes like? How about blueberry? Let’s get weird and try agave hot chocolate. They offer 35 flavors of hot chocolate, so you can keep going back to find your favorite. Plus, they offer all these same flavors for their hot chocolate bomb because they’ve gone crazy with power. And we aren’t mad about it.
2. Crescent Moon Coffee & Tea 141 Bridgeton Pike, Mullica Hill, NJ Crescent Moon Coffee and Tea is a socially responsible coffee roaster and purveyor of fine loose teas that believes farmers deserve a fair wage. Hot chocolate choices include traditional, truffle and specialty flavors. They also bring a unique variety of the most delicious gourmet coffee beans from transparent importers and farmers. They roast the beans only when you order – so you can smell and taste the incredible aromatic freshness!
3. Endgrain Coffee Bar 10 Pitman Avenue, Pitman, NJ & 13 Fern Avenue, Collingswood, NJ – Endgrain Coffee Bar has it all – a Nitro tap, cold brew, espresso, and of course hot chocolate! They were the first Nitro tap coffee bar in South Jersey and strive to provide the best coffee experience in the area specializing in small batch, high quality blends and Single Origin beans.
4. Evermore Coffee Roasters 30 East Union Street, Burlington, NJ Evermore Coffee is a specialty coffee shop and fully equipped roasting facility. With a passion not only for coffee, but also for sharing in the story of coffee, they strive to provide guests with a great beverage and great experience. Rich and creamy, they serve some of the best hot chocolate in South Jersey that’s made to order every time!
5. Gelato Dolceria 147 Kings Hwy E, Haddonfield, NJ – Everyone is familiar with the delectable selections of Gelato Dolceria. But what happens when you take the gifted minds behind such a wonderful gelato and combine them with the holiday needs for something that warms the soul and satisfies our sweet tooth? You get something called Cioccolata Calda, the Italian take on hot chocolate. It’s basically a hot chocolate pudding. If you think that sounds good, we promise it is.
6. Grooveground Coffee Bar 647 Haddon Avenue, Collingswood, NJ Grooveground is a contemporary coffee bar and cafe, located in the heart of Downtown Collingswood. This year, they’re celebrating their anniversary with seven dreamy, hand-crafted seasonal hot chocolate flavors including s’mores, Mexican, gingerbread, salted caramel, peppermint, peanut butter cup, and raspberry. Sip on a cup of pure happiness under the lights (and heaters) with your friends and family in their outdoor Garden Bar. Don’t forget to grab their to-go hot cocoa kits for your loved ones this holiday season!
7. Koupa Espresso Bar 24 Haddon Ave, Haddon Township, NJ – If you’ve never had a hot chocolate bomb what have you been doing with your life? Just read the name again of this beverage and tell me you aren’t already on hold to reserve your order. Each hot cocoa bomb is roughly 2.75 inches in diameter and are filled with hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows. Just drop one into a 12oz mug filled with hot milk and watch the magic happen! Um…Yes, please. These things go fast and supplies are limited so you need to strike quickly to experience this soul-soothing treat.
8. Saxby’s 104 Kings Hwy E, Haddonfield, NJ – Saxby’s has you covered with a multitude of customization choices for their classic hot chocolate made with steamed milk and chocolate sauce. Want up to 4 shots of espresso to get that holiday shopping done? How about over thirty unique combinations of sauces and syrups, like sweet mint chocolate or honey salted caramel? Or maybe the first-world in you wants to pick the temperature of the milk? That last one is not a joke by the way.
9. Treehouse Coffee Shop & Cafe 120 W. Merchant Street, Audubon, NJ This mom and pop shop is a comfy and friendly coffee house and cafe. Treehouse Coffee has a robust takeout menu that includes amazing hot chocolate, an espresso bar, breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu. They strive to serve the local and global community through the ingredients they use and the choices they make. Treehouse Coffee also has a variety of scrumptious homemade baked goods, not to mention ice cream and desserts!
10. The Station 10 E. Chestnut Ave., Merchantville, NJ – Three words – Nutella Hot Chocolate. The Station is located in the old Merchantville train station and offers a seasonal menu that strives to have a minimal environmental footprint. The kids will fall hard for their house made Nutella hot chocolate, while foodies up for something new will love the turmeric hot chocolate.
11. Mecha Chocolate 7 Kings Highway East, Haddonfield, NJ – Mecha Chocolate offers delicious drinking chocolate everyday in Downtown Haddonfield! Mecha Chocolate specializes in small batch dark chocolates with unique flavor profiles for a perfect balance of sweet, salty & savory.