Vincentown- Tabernacle Telephone Company & Museum
This building was the office of the Vincentown-Tabernacle Telephone Company from 1911 until the company was bought out by New Jersey Bell in 1930. Prior to this, the building served as a millinery shop, a tinsmith’s shop, and a plumber’s shop. The township acquired the property in 1975 and leased it to the Southampton Historical Society, who beautifully restored it and now operates it as a telephone museum. The building retains its original clapboard siding, 2/2 windows, shop window, and doors. Museum exhibits include early telephone equipment and relate the early history of the telephone in rural Southampton. For information and hours, contact the Southampton Historical Society.
17 Mill Street, Vincentown, NJ 08088